Social Media Connections
Our goal is to help you connect with a growing and vibrant social media community during all phases of this celestial event! We also want to help you spread the word about the SolarMax: Storm Warning webcast by sharing content, facts, videos, images and links about SOLAR MAX and the Sun-Earth Days Webcast with your networks. To get started, share the message that on March 22, 2013, Sun-Earth Days will host a live NASA EDGE webcast to prepare you for the upcoming SOLAR MAXIMUM!
How to participate before the WEBCAST:
- Inform your friends about the 'Solar Max: Storm Warning' webcast by posting comments, asking questions, and sharing images, videos and links.
- Share pages from this website by clicking on the Facebook Sharing Icon in the upper right hand side of every page or by opening the Sun-Earth Day Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages found the left side of every page.
- Use mobile apps
- Include #solmax on all of your Solar Max and webcast related tweets
- Follow other #solmax:
How to participate during the WEBCAST:
- Share information about the LIVE WEBCAST that will be transmitted from the Wallops Space Flight Facility.
- Include #solmax on all of your transit related tweets.
- Post questions to Twitter that will be answered by experts on the LIVE webcast as time permits! To ask questions, simply add a "Q" at the end of the normal #solmax hashtag. Example: #solmaxQ
- Upload photos to the Flickr group and Facebook Fan Page (Tag US!)
How to participate AFTER the WEBCAST:
- Watch and share the archived webcast. Soon after the webcast we will share links to the archived Ustream and edited iTunes Vodcast.
- Share your Sun-Earth Days experiences by uploading your comments and photos to one of the Official NASA Social Networks listed below. (Tag US!)
- Use mobile apps.
- Include #solmax on all of your webcast related tweets.
Share Information on your Social Networks:
Start spreading the word by sharing information with your colleagues, audiences, social media avenues, list-serves, and partners! To get you started, we've provided a few sample Tweets and Facebook posts.
- Are you ready for the next Solar Maximum? Watch the webcast to learn more! #solmax
- Join NASA on March 22, 2013 for a live 'Solar Max: Storm Warning' webcast from the Wallops Space Flight Facility! #solmax
- Tell everyone about the upcoming webcast! Be prepared for the next Solar Maximum! #solmax
- Check out this promotional video for the 'Solar Max: Storm Warning' webcast on March 22, 2013. Now THAT'S something to tweet about! #solmax
Sample Facebook Posts:
- Tell everyone about the upcoming 'Solar Max: Storm Warning' webcast!
- Spread the word! We'll be webcasting views of the Sun during a live webcast on March 22nd!! To make it even more exciting, you can view the same images from your smart phone by using one of the mobile apps!
- Are you thinking about hosting or attending a 'Sun-Earth Days' event? Share your ideas and event images with us!
Social Media Networks Connected to the LIVE Webcast from Wallops Space Flight Facility:
Sun-Earth Days: Stay connected to the rapidly growing Sun-Earth Day network before, during and after the webcast!
The NASA EDGE team will be hosting the live webcast from Wallops Space Flight Facility.
The Sun Today:
Alex Young from 'The Sun Today' will appear on the webcast to share information about the Sun, Space Weather and the next SOLAR MAXIMUM.
Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO):
SDO Images of the SUN will be shared throughout the webcast! Connect to their network to learn more.
Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) Mission:
MMS is one of NASA's newest missions schedule to launch in 2014. Its purpose will be to unlock the mysteries that lead to space weather ! Towards the end of the webcast you will learn more about the mission and how to get connected!
See the full list of NASA's social media networks at "Connect and Collaborate with NASA"
Space Weather Forecasting costs only $5 million a year, but supports over $500 billion in annual revenue from the satellite and electrical power industries.